Locality Health Centre
Statement of purpose
The Locality Health Centre is a social enterprise which aims to sustain and develop the wellbeing of people in South Ward, Weston-super-Mare, and to demonstrate the value of working in partnership with the local community
Our purpose is to provide people registered with the practice with personal health care of high quality and to seek continuous improvement on the health status of the practice population overall.
We aim to achieve this by developing and maintaining a professional practice which is responsive to people’s needs and expectations and which reflects whenever possible the latest advances in Primary Health Care.
We seek to achieve this through:
1. Providing high quality primary care treatment to our patient population to include consultations, examinations, treatment of medical conditions and referal to other services where appropriate.
2. Focussing on prevention of disease by promoting healthy living and wellbeing
3. Understanding and appropriately meeting the needs of our patients, involving them in decision making about their treatment and care and encouraging them to participate fully.
4. Involving other professionals in the care of our patients where it is the patients best interests, i.e. referrals for specialist care and advice.
5. Ensuring that all members of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently.
6. Creating an educational environment, where staff promote and share learning amongst themselves, clinicians in training and students
7. Seeking continual improvement in the services we provide through monitoring and auditing the services we offer.
8. Annually reviewing patient satisfaction surveys of the using the results to make change when required.
9. Ensuring we provide safe and effective services and environment
10. Acting with integrity and ensuring confidentiality